The Fashion Pact
ZIMMERMANN becomes a signatory of The Fashion Pact.
In March 2021, we became signatories of The Fashion Pact, a global coalition of companies in the fashion and textile industry, including suppliers and distributors, committed to common key environmental goals in three areas: to reduce global warming, restoring biodiversity, and protecting the world’s oceans.
As we advance to the next step on our commitments, and share the progress made to date, we are happy to announce this membership and reiterate the common goals we have committed to by joining The Fashion Pact:
- The ongoing implementation of principles of the UN Charter for Climate Action
- Transitioning 25% of key materials to lower climate impact sources by 2025
- Implementing 50% renewable energy by 2025 and 100% by 2030 within our own operations
- The elimination of problematic or unnecessary plastics in B2C packaging by 2025, and B2B by 2030
- Ensuring at least half of all plastic packaging is 100% recycled content, by 2025 for B2C and by 2030 for B2B
- Developing a biodiversity blueprint
- Supporting zero deforestation and sustainable forest management by 2025
We are thrilled to be part of this coalition and to accelerate the achievement of our targets.