Policy & Process
Click here to submit an online return. A return request must be submitted to receive your refund within normal processing times.
This section of the policy is for In-Store and Online Purchases.
You may return (where available) your ZIMMERMANN Online Store purchase, including sale items, by returning it to a ZIMMERMANN Store in Australia or by sending it back to the ZIMMERMANN Australia Online Store. Subject to adherence to the following terms (ZIMMERMANN Outlets are excluded):
For in-store full-price purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 7 days for credit note. All sale items purchased in store are final sale. No refunds unless required by law.
Note: Credit notes issued in store are not redeemable on online purchases.
For online purchases, returns other than for faulty goods must be made within 15 days from the date of delivery for refund or credit note.
If you wish to exchange for another item or size, you can do this in store or simply return it for a store credit or refund and purchase the new item separately.
Returns only accepted with proof of purchase.
Unless the return is required by law:
• Items must be in original condition (including tags) and must not have been worn, altered or washed.
• Items must not have been used in photography shoots, Instagram posts, online, commercially or for personal gain.
• For online purchases, all packaging (including garment bags) shipped with your order must be returned.
• Every clothing item has a tag attached reading "Once this tag is removed, this garment cannot be returned". Once this tag has been removed, the garment is no longer returnable.
• For all swimwear and lingerie, clients must try on items wearing undergarments. If returned, the protective hygiene strip must remain in place and the top and pant sizes of bikini sets must match. Returns will not be accepted if the protective hygiene strip is removed or altered, the top and pant sized of bikini sets differ, or the item otherwise shows signs of wear.
• Try on shoes on soft surfaces before they are worn as we will not accept shoes returned with sole markings or scratches. Ensure shoes are returned with original shoebox.
• Gift Cards may not be returned and will be honoured for 3 years from the date of issue. Gift Cards are valid for use on the Australian Online Store, and in ZIMMERMANN stores nationally.
• All purchases on cosmetics, earrings, tights, hair clips, hair chignons, and hair pins are final sale. We will not accept returns on these items due to hygiene reasons.
• If a client has returned a garment and recieved a credit note, and then seeks to return the garment which was purchased with that credit note, ZIMMERMANN may refuse the return.
This policy does not apply to ZIMMERMANN Outlets or David Jones Concessions.
Should you wish to return an item, ZIMMERMANN do not refund international prepaid duties and taxes paid at the time of checkout for Delivered Duties Paid (DDP) orders or duties and taxes paid at time of customs entry for Delivered Duties Unpaid (DDU) orders with the exception of New Zealand tax (tax only). Residents from all other countries can contact their local customs office to obtain a tax refund.
While ZIMMERMANN covers the costs of returns using the prepaid returns label within AU & NZ, return postage costs are not refundable and we do not refund initial shipping charges for goods returned, other than for faulty items. All international returns should be shipped back to ZIMMERMANN as goods returned to sender to ensure no duties and taxes are incurred for the return.
In-store purchases cannot be returned to the online store.
Online purchases may be returned to a ZIMMERMANN store. All new items following an in store return will be subject to the In Store Purchases Policy. All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Client Services team, subject to these terms.
For returns to the ZIMMERMANN online store, follow the procedure below.
You may return or exchange (where available) your ZIMMERMANN Online purchase, including sale items, to a ZIMMERMANN store. All in store returns will be subject to the Returns Policy detailed above.
Returns will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of delivery.
To return your purchase, take the item(s) you wish to return to a ZIMMERMANN store at your convenience, along with your confirmation email and all other paperwork and packaging included in your order. ZIMMERMANN Outlets, Head Office, and David Jones Concessions are excluded.
All in-store refunds will be processed by our Online Client Services team.
Note: Credit notes issued in store are not redeemable on online purchases.
We offer a free returns courier service for online orders, where available. Follow the steps below to use this service.
Note: You will need access to a printer to use this free service.
1. Submit a Return Request
Click here to submit an online return and follow the steps. A return request must be submitted to receive your refund within normal processing times.
On completion of this process you will receive an email confirming your return details.
You may select a refund or store credit for all or some of your items.
2. Book Your Free Return Courier
• Clients in Australia or New Zealand: Book your free DHL Express collection during the 'Submit a Return Request' process detailed above, or at a later time via the 'BOOK COURIER' button in your Return Confirmation email.
• Clients in all other locations: contact Client Services to book your return on your behalf.
Note: items must be returned via DHL Express. Returns via DHL Post may not be accepted.
3. Pack Your Return
Carefully pack your return item(s) into one box or satchel, enclose the completed returns form, order invoice, and any additional paperwork supplied to you by DHL during the courier booking process. If your return does not fit in one box contact Client Services for an additional return label.
4. DHL Express Collection
DHL will collect your return on your booked date, and deliver it to the ZIMMERMANN Online Store for processing.
Each order is entitled to one free return collection.
Note: This return service is not currently available in the Northern Mariana Islands, and some regional areas of some Pacific Islands.
If you wish to return your items via an alternative courier service, ZIMMERANN will not be liable for any loss, damages or expenses.
To view, change, or cancel your existing DHL Express return booking, view the steps described in the section below.
To view, change, or cancel your existing DHL Express return courier booking, go to your DHL Label Confirmation email and follow the steps.
To book your free return courier, follow the steps in the section above.
Once the items have been received they will undergo a quality review. Once cleared, you will either receive your credit note or refund on the purchase price (excluding original shipping cost) directly to the original method of payment used for purchase. You will receive email notification once your return is processed, this will occur within 5 business days of receiving your return. During sale periods returns processing may take 1-2 business days longer.
Returns will only be accepted with proof of purchase on items within 15 days from the date of delivery. Items returned outside their respective period will not be accepted. An online return request must be submitted to receive your refund within normal processing times.
Download a copy of the Returns Form.